Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester (UK), Boston (US) and Zaragoza (Spain). We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks is part of Dept - an international group of leading digital agencies.Overall Purpose of the Role
The Technical Lead is a key member of the Global Operations Team. The Technical Lead will be responsible for providing leadership and mentorship to junior developers within the Global Operations Team.
The Technical Lead will ensure Building Blocks processes are fit for purpose and followed at all times. You will become a trusted and pro-active technical authority to our clients and act as a quality gateway within the Global Operations Team, ensuring the technical deliverables maintain the highest standard.
You will work closely with the Global Operations Team Manager to ensure the satisfaction of clients and to ensure that we are delivering our contractual obligations. This position is still very much a hands-on technical role and, in addition to the mentioned responsibilities, you will still be involved in the development of technical projects.
- Technically lead a team of developers.
- Mentoring of staff and inducting new team members.
- Implement Building Blocks technical processes and procedures across the Global Operations Team.
- Completing code reviews to improve quality of deliverables.
- Effective Release Management with required documentation.
- Identifying training needs and creating training plans.
- Technical authority on solutions implemented by the Global Operations team.
- Providing estimates of work on support cases to enable scheduling of work.
- Point of contact for all technical questions within the Global Operations Team.
- Support in the line management of all developers in the team from a technical perspective to support progression and agree SMART objectives with the Global Operations Manager.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Experience (whether formal or informal) of leading and mentoring a development team.
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of Microsoft ASP.NET (C#).
- Hands-on knowledge of HTML, XHTML, CSS.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with an Enterprise level CMS platform such as SDL Tridion, Sitecore, Umbraco.
- Experience of working with continuous delivery technologies e.g Teamcity, Octopus Deploy.
Our core principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Excellent package dependent on experienceApply now
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES