Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organizations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralized consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Boston, Manchester and Zaragoza. We are a team of 75 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks is also part of an international group of leading digital agencies – Dept (www.deptagency.com) helping to expand its international presence.Overall Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Technical Consultant to join our growing team, working across client projects. You must be motivated to design and deliver innovative solutions that integrate and utilize our technology partners’ products to provide real business value to our clients. The role includes technical architecture, solution design, and client facing and expectation management aspects.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with customers to produce solutions in a way that satisfies their expectations. In return, Building Blocks will help progress your career with training opportunities, support and experience.
The position is currently available in our Boston office and this role will require travel to client sites across North America.Key Responsibilities
- Work with business stakeholders to provide technical solutions that deliver to business needs.
- Lead design, estimation, planning and implementation technology solutions.
- Provide best practice points of view in a consultative manner to our clients’ senior technical leaders.
- Provide technical direction for our North American team of developers.
- Create documentation that can convey detailed and complicated technical matters in clear and concise way.
- Deliver compelling presentations of a technical nature to client stakeholders.
- Design innovative technical solutions and reusable components that can be actively sold to customers.
- Investigate new technologies, creating POCs and supervising their implementation for customer.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- At least 2 years’ consultancy or leadership experience
- Preferably a Certified SDL Tridion, Sitecore or e-Spirit Developer or Architect.
- Architecture and System Design experience.
- Development and deployment of large, multi-lingual implementations.
- Experience of Agile methodology is desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience web development project lifecycles.
- Demonstrable consulting skills, including client relationships and team facilitation.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal communications skills.
- General understanding of the business environment, models and motivations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation, presentation and documentation.
- Good business analysis/redesign skills with architecture and implementation experience.
- Requirements analysis, conceptual, logical and detailed design skills.
- Ability to manage work for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confident problem solver.
- Appreciation of current technologies and techniques (.NET, CSS, SOA, AJAX, Silverlight).
- Eager to learn and keep up with technological advances.
- Sense of humor and ability to build relationships in a team environment.
Our core principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Excellent package dependent on experienceApply now
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES