Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at a global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester, Boston and Zaragoza. We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks is part of Dept - an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier
Dept is made up of the agencies TamTam, Expand Online, a friend of mine, Second Degree, Building Blocks, Studio Dumbar, Be Excellent, Trust Agents, Unskippable, eBrella, Webfactory and Tricode. The network has 600 employees, a combined turnover of over €60 million, and offices in Germany, UK, US, the Netherlands, Ireland and Spain.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Senior Account Director is a leadership role within the Client Services team. You will have responsibility for devising strategic direction for the client base as well as the further development of accounts and business development opportunities. Importantly, you will be accountable for the profitability of all accounts, revenue forecast and financial reporting and in developing and delivering against business development pipelines.
You will bring your gravitas and a strong understanding of digital to the accounts and be a credible ambassador for the agency, ensuring that the client feels you always have their best interests at heart - balanced with a strong commercial understanding. A real team player who will lead by example to nurture a collaborative environment with internal teams as well as the client.
- You will be responsible for delivering a £5m + budget
- You will responsible for the on-boarding, roadmap planning and project initiation of large strategic clients
- You will be responsible for contract and financial negotiations (working with the Commercial Director)
- You will be expected to form strategic relationships with senior client contacts, including C-level executives
- You will work closely with the new business team during the initial sales process
- You will be expected to be able to work independently in the planning and definition of projects at early stages
- You will be expected to be able to work with the client to recommend approach, outline direction and make recommendations that can provide a real business benefit
- You will lead a team and have line management responsibility
- You will actively seek out opportunities to develop incremental business with clients, subsidiaries and all other opportunities
- You will be responsible for verbal and written briefing of client requirements back to the agency team
- You will assist with business development and pitch preparation
- You will own and manage profitability and performance across designated accounts groups, in line with agreed financial targets
- You will plan clients’ budgets and ensure delivery of those plans
- You will cross-sell of all Building Blocks services into identified target accounts
- You will lead the creation of proposals and RFP responses
- 5-7 years of solid agency experience and be able to show evidence of Business Development and financial management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A solid understanding of the digital environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to multitask and continually reprioritise tasks against agreed objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Working in partnership with a number of clients simultaneously
- Experience of working in commercial environments
Our Core Principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership and tackle everything with a proactive mindset.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES